Approximately half of all car crashes across the U.S. occur at or near intersections in urban areas, and a significant percentage of intersection wrecks are fatal. This means you’re literally taking your life in your hands each time you approach a busy intersection, our Pasadena auto accident attorney explains, so it’s important to exercise extreme caution to avoid a wreck when you enter a heavily traveled crossroads.
At SJ Injury Attorneys, our personal injury lawyer in Pasadena, TX, Chris Soileau has over 12 years of experience as a former nurse, which gives us a unique perspective that many other firms don't have.
Identifying the Cause of Your Houston Metro Car Accident
Car accidents can be caused by anything from harsh weather to poor road conditions. However, the cause of your accident may be associated with the negligent or reckless driving actions of another driver or party. When this is the case, it is crucial that you identify the cause and tie it to the reckless behavior of the other individual. This allows our Pasadena Texas auto wreck attorney to craft a strong claim for your case.
Common Issues That Cause Car Collisions
- Driver fatigue or drowsiness
- Failure to use indicators or breaks
- Distracted driving, such as texting or talking on the phone
- Speeding or driving at excessive speeds during bad weather
- Dangerous or reckless driving behaviors
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence
- Road rage or aggressive driving
- Improper vehicle maintenance
- Defective auto parts
Why Else You Should Trust Our Houston Car Accident Attorney
Hospitalization and surgery are common results in a motor vehicle accident, yet while necessary, these can be very costly which means you could find yourself drowning under piles of medical bills due to another person's negligence.
This is where the Pasadena personal injury lawyers at SJ Injury Attorneys can step in. We are more than prepared to help you pursue a personal injury claim against the person responsible to recover the damages needed to pay your bills and facilitate your recovery.
- We have over a decade of legal experience and a nursing background
- Our phone lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- We have advocated for countless clients over the years
- Our firm takes an aggressive and zealous approach to cases
- We are not afraid to take on big insurance companies
Non-economic damages include all of the following:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
Non-economic damages are capped at $250,000 when just a single health care institution is involved. When there are several different institutions, Texas imposes a $500,000 limit.