Car crashes can be traumatizing and cause serious injury to all involved. Whether or not you believe you are at fault for the accident, it's important to find a Pasadena Texas car accident attorney as quickly as possible following the crash.
Unfortunately, too many people try to handle the legal process on their own because they believe attorneys are too expensive and are out of their price range.
However, that couldn't be further from the truth. Keep reading below to learn how the cost of an experienced car accident attorney in Pasadena, TX, is determined.
The Truth About Lawyer Fees
Attorneys of any type have a reputation for being expensive. While this is true in some instances, finding legal help for something like an auto collision can actually be affordable. We can't speak for every Texas auto wreck lawyer out there, but we follow a "no win, no pay" policy. This means that you don't pay us anything upfront. Instead, we will be paid out of your awarded compensation. This is known as a contingency fee agreement.
So how does a contingency fee work? Typically, you can expect the following:
- You do not pay a retainer, deposit, or any fees in order to get our car accident attorney started on your case.
- We will not receive any fee if you do not win a settlement or financial award from the case.
- After the case is complete, we will keep a percentage of the received compensation as our fee.
From day one, our car accident attorney in Pasadena, TX, will be very clear with you about our fee structure and what you will owe when we are all done, whether we win or lose your case.
The Cost of Not Hiring a Car Accident Lawyer
Yes, in the end, every lawyer must get paid. But working with an experienced car accident attorney in Pasadena, TX, is always a better idea than trying to navigate through an injury claim on your own. Many individuals don't realize how complex and overwhelming a car crash settlement can be, and experiencing a significant injury can further impair you from representing yourself effectively.
The biggest risk of not hiring a qualified car accident attorney following a car crash is being forced to settle for less than you are owed. If you represent yourself and lose your case, you are also likely to miss out on compensation for:
- The cost of your medical procedures, both the ones you've already received as well as treatments and therapies you might need in the future
- The cost of your car repair or replacement, as well as the value of any personal belongings that were destroyed or damaged in the crash
- Lost wages due to your inability to work following the accident. You might also find yourself unable to work again in your field if your injuries are severe enough.
- Pain and suffering damages for the physical pain and emotional suffering you have endured
- Funeral costs, should you or your family find themselves in this unfortunate circumstance as a result of the car accident