Work With Our Trusted League City Personal Injury Lawyer

Death under any circumstances can be hard to prepare for, but when it occurs wrongfully it is increasingly more troubling. As the loved one left grieving, you may be unaware that you have the opportunity to file a claim and can potentially collect damages for your suffering, bringing justice to the situation.

Under Texas law, you may be able to file a claim if the death of your loved one occurred due to another individual's negligence, carelessness, or lack of skill. A League City personal injury attorney from our firm can assess your case to determine if your circumstances meet the criteria necessary for a wrongful death claim and help you move forward with the process.

What compensation can I recover for wrongful death?

In order to file a wrongful death claim, you must be directly related to the individual who passed away. You can file if you are the surviving spouse or a child or parent of the deceased individual. It is also important to note that if a direct relative does not file within three months, the individual's estate administrator can choose to file for them.

Although no amount of money will ever truly compensate for your loss, it is often beneficial to recover damages, particularly for medical bills or supplementary income.

Individuals are often compensated for the following losses in a wrongful death case:

  • Loss of love and companionship
  • Emotional pain and suffering
  • Lost earning capacity
  • Mental distress
  • Lost inheritance

Any damages that are recovered will be distributed amongst all surviving family members according to the losses suffered. The surviving spouse typically receives the highest compensation.

SJ Injury Attorneys was founded by a League City personal injury lawyer who boasts more than a decade of nursing experience. We deeply understand the pain you're facing and have the legal skills to represent you and your family.

Let us help you put the pieces of your future back together. Schedule your free consultation by contacting our office today.