No—Initial consultations at our office are always free. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you have plenty of things on your mind. One thing you don't have to worry about, however, is what it will cost to consult with a personal injury attorney.
The lawyers of SJ Injury Attorneys will meet with you to discuss your legal options at no cost. We want to make sure that the consultation is useful to you, so let's take a look at what you might bring to your consultation to get the most out of the conversation.
What to Bring to Your Free Consultation
Here are some items that can be useful during your first meeting with a personal injury attorney:
- Your written description of the accident. Taking the time to write down everything you remember about the accident and the extent of your injuries can help make sure you don't leave anything out.
- The police report. Having the official police record of the accident can help clarify what happened and who is responsible.
- Witness information. If you have the contact information for individuals who saw what happened, you will want to bring those to your consultation.
- Medical records, receipts, and photos/videos. The more complete your record of injuries and expenses related to those injuries are, the better your attorney will be able to assess your situation.
- Employment and wage information. Your attorney will need to know how your injuries impact your ability to work—and the financial costs of being unable to work.
- Insurance information. It is important to bring any relevant insurance detail that may impact the costs you are facing as a result of the accident.
- Records of communication. Be ready to describe any exchanges you may have had with another insurance company or with a person involved in the accident. If an insurance company other than your own contacts you, you should bring any and all correspondence to your consultation. The same is true if you have been contacted by the other party involved in the accident.
- A list of questions you may have. One of the key purposes of a consultation is to address your questions. Don't be afraid to ask your attorney about anything related to your case and possible compensation.
Contact Us Now to Take Advantage of Your Free Consultation
We are ready to help you understand your options when it comes to pursuing compensation after you have been injured. Contact SJ Injury Attorneys today to set up your free consultation.